Due to the increase in concussions in youth sports in the past several years, WV Soccer Association and WASA are moving to increase concussion awareness and education.
- All volunteers that are required to undergo background checks must complete an online Concussion Management Course offered free by US Youth Soccer/CDC or NFHS when they are completing the background check. (This includes all head coaches, assistant coaches, team managers, team parent or other team official, age group commissioners, referees, and club members)
- WV Soccer Association has placed links on the WVSA Website for the online courses. (www.wvsoccer.net)
- The required individuals must complete the course and turn in their proof of compliance to their club.
- WASA will make the US Youth Soccer Concussion Protocol and Notification form available to all members.
- WASA must send a copy of the notification form to the players parents and to WVSA RM Coordinator.